SimplicityBI is looking for a Senior Data Architect to help our team design, deliver, and support data management and data engineering solutions. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced data professionals to serve our Canadian and US clients. This job requires excellent analytical and technical skills. We invest in training and development to support growth in technical and business knowledge and provide a flexible work environment with performance-driven bonuses.
Our Senior Data Architect design and implement solutions using the most suitable technology for our diverse client base. This work ranges from designing data models, implementing and automating data pipelines, reporting, and dashboarding through to advanced analytics.
All of our Senior Data Architects are hands-on and required to participate in the coding activities of their assigned projects.
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in a data-related role
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science). Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Solid practical knowledge of commonly used Data Integration, ETL, Data Warehousing, MDM, and Business Intelligence concepts.
- An ability to provide innovative and creative technical solutions to business challenges and opportunities along with an eagerness to learn new technologies
- An ability to organize and mentor small teams of data specialists
- An ability to create data models and comprehend database structures and relationships
- Expert in SQL and scripting
- Solid experience with several database platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica, Teradata, Snowflake, MySQL, etc. Strong preference with Cloud Platform.
- Several years of experience with a few dashboard tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Birst, Looker.
- Several years of experience with a few ETL tools such as Azure Data Factory, SSIS, Informatica PowerCenter, IBM DataStage, WhereScape, etc.
- Experience with several of the Data Tools within the Microsoft Azure Platform such as Databricks, Data Factory, Power Platform, Data Lake & Analysis Services or AWS equivalent
Because of our current industry direction, preference will be given to candidates who have real-world experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data Virtualization – Denodo or Cisco data virtualization platforms and their applied use for Logical Data Warehouses, Virtual Datamarts, and integration layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes.
- Domain knowledge in Oil & Gas, Power and Utilities, and Pipelines industries.
- Predictive model building using statistical methods and machine learning techniques.
- Big data ecosystems.
Upon a successful initial review of your application, you will be asked to complete an online skill test.